I do hope that you are all starting to feel there is light at the end of this very long COVID tunnel!
I thought it was time for an update due to some of the COVID rules in Scotland relaxing on 18th April. I have thought long and hard and spoken to many of you about how to move forward and to continue to ensure you our clients and of course our special teams safety.
As of yesterday, it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a mask in retail spaces. From now on for clients it will be optional whether you wear mask.
For an industry like ours which we consider to be a close contact industry, we feel for the short to medium term it is still very important to have some covid measures in place. Therefore, in the short term all our staff and stylists will continue to wear masks until we have gauged customer confidence.
Once we have gauged customer confidence, the covid calls 48 hours in advance will change into confirming yout booking and politely asking how you are. In this call you will be asked if you would like your stylist to wear a mask.
I have reviewed our policies and have taken into account that I know many of you will still want to wear masks. I am aware that we all have our own personal reasons for wanting to feel safe, which include vulnerabilities, health issues, family members to protect, visits to elderly, continued shielding, travel and many more reasons none of which need any justification.
The new COVID policy for clients is as follows:
- For clients it will be optional whether you wear mask.
- In the short term all our staff and stylists will continue to wear masks anyway until we gauge customer confidence.
- Once we gauge customer confidence, The covid calls 48 hours in advance will change into confirming your booking and politely asking how you are. In this call you will be asked if you would like your stylist to wear a mask.
- Short term we will keep our screens in place with a view to removing them if all proceeds well. That said they will be available if required.
- Hand sanitisation will continue and it is unlikely to ever change.
- The sanitisation of our chairs, units and equipment will remain for ever.
- Gowns and towels are and will continue to be fresh for every client and washed at 60 degrees.
- We will no longer be taking temperatures. (In two years in both salons not one client showed a high temperature.
- We are looking into air purifiers to ensure a healthy environment, I will inform you when we have chosen the most useful ones for the sizes of our salons.
The new COVID rules for our teams are as follows.
- After a settling in period of continuous mask wearing our team will be allowed to drop their masks when not directly with a client.
- Your stylist/therapist will wear a mask if it is the clients wish that they do so. This will be non judgemental for all the reasons listed above.
- Our team should be allowed, if they have reasons of their own to ask a client to wear a mask.
I would like at this stage to extend a welcome to anyone who has any concerns or queries to contact me directly. All through COVID I have felt a personal responsibility to ensure your safety and that of the wonderful people I work with. The last thing I would ever want is for anyone at all not to feel comfortable and above all safe in my salons.
Let’s enjoy many more happy hair and beauty visits together,
Warmest regards and forever at your service,