10 Hacks for Smooth Frizzy-Less Hair this Summer
As the summer sun shines down hotter and brighter, our hair takes the beating. Between the humidity, sweat and product build-up, it’s easy for our locks to become frizzy, dry and unmanageable. But don’t worry, we’ve got 10 hacks to help you achieve smooth frizz-less hair this summer!
1. Always start the summer season with a great haircut. This will help reduce the amount of frizz and give you a great foundation for styling. A haircut can reduce frizz by getting rid of any damaged or split ends that can cause frizziness. A great haircut will also help to reduce the amount of frizz you experience by giving you a great foundation for styling.
2. Keeping the condition as good as it can be is essential for easy to manage hair. Make sure you are using the best quality shampoos and conditioners as you can afford. It really does make a difference. I recommend System Professional Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner as it is lightweight and gentle on your hair and promotes long-lasting moisture.
3. It is always a good idea to treat the hair once a week to a more intensive hair mask which penetrates further into the hair structure. I would recommend System Pro Luxe Mask which has a great balance of Protein for hair strength and moisture for condition, smoothness and shine.
4. An anti humidity/dampness protection can work miracles on hair that increases to a fizzy mass when you hit the heat! Colour WOW can be applied liberally to the hair before drying. The more you apply the more the hair becomes water tight and protected. It also lasts over several washes.
5. UV protection is essential. Just as you protect your skin you must protect your hair. System Professional Sun Care range will protect the hair from damaging rays and stop further dehydration. After sun products are hugely moisturising and leave the hair feeling super sleek.
6. Heat of any sort is not your best friend. Take a look online for tutorials on heatless curls or beach waves! Or if you are struggling ask your hairdresser for some tips on heatless hair styles next time you are in. Don’t forget to always use heat protection if you do use styling tools.
7. SP Luxe Oil is a great go too. It actually comes in a travel size 30ml so is great for traveling. You can never apply too much of this oil as it penetrates the hair and leaves it shiny and smooth. It can be used on damp or dry hair. Apply every day straight from your beach bag.
8. Drinking water hydrates you and in turn hydrates your hair. Surprisingly dehydration is one of the most common reasons your hair isn’t feeling its best. When your hair lacks water, it dries out and gets frizzy. Simple but effective.
9. Pack a silk pillowcase in your holiday kit. It will reduce the amount of friction on your hair whilst you sleep and therefore reduce frizz. If you don’t have a silk pillowcase, then wrapping your hair in a silk scarf before bed will also do the trick!
10. Sun hats are simple but effective way of protecting the hair, by keeping your hair covered during the day you protect your hair. Too much exposure to the sun can damage your hair and cause it to feel dry and brittle. Don’t have a sunhat? pop your hair in a protective style such as a high bun or braids. At night-time follow the deep conditioning routine as above.